shattered dreams

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

it seems that office politics occur everywhere
even if everybody seems to be really chummy with each other
actually, i think that is when all these nonsensical politics start
sigh
why must the world be such a complicated place?
in a not too big restaurant of less than 20 people at any one time, there can still be so much such nonsense
what more in a bigger organisation with more people?
wouldn't it be totally scary?
at least the politics now don't involve me
i am just going to steer clear of all these
i am only a part-timer anyway
hah

in these three weeks on my job, i think i have learnt alot
how a restaurant operates
how to acknowledge my mistake with a smile (given that all these mistakes are things like serving the wrong food adn drinks)
and how to deal with different people
met more kinds of people than i have ever
learnt alot about and from other people's life experiences
learnt how the betting system for soccer works
hah
no, that is not part of my job scope

it is amazing(to me) how people of my age or maybe a few years my senior has been through so much in life and knows what they want in their life when i am still lost and trying to find my bearings in uni
how people my age has the guts to leave their familiar surroundings behind to venture into a totally new environment and phase of life
especially when circumstances does not require them to do so
they could be comfortably studying, back at home

and no, contrary to what many would htink, i have NOT broken any plates or spilled anything on any customers
but i have dropped a few forks and knives when i clear tables
so there
haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home